Fall arrest systems
Fall arrest systems
Fall arrest systems will provide protection against falls in almost any situation. A Fall Arrest System is essential when there is a need for maintenance on flat roofs. Additionally, Mells Roofing Ltd are partners with Kee Safety and are licensed to install a number of products that provide a safe working environment. Our system includes free standing edge protection, skylight and roof hatch railing products together with man safe systems. Our systems are all designed to prevent falls from height. Finally, all Fall Arrest systems are quick and easy to install and conform to all health and safety requirements.
- Free Standing Edge Protections – Kee Guard Systems with Kee Klamp fittings and collective roof edge protection or skylight or roof hatch protection.
KeeGuard® is a modular free standing rooftop guardrail system which does not penetrate the roof membrane. The system works on a proven counterweight system, recycled PVC weights provide high visibility, non-slip secure base that does not penetrate the roof membrane. Galvanised fittings and tube deliver collective protection which ensures a safe working environment for anyone working on a roof.
Roof edge protection systems offer maximum flexibility for most rooftop configurations. So almost any flat roof up to 10 degrees can be accommodated. The system is available for different roof types, either for use where a restraining wall such as a parapet is in place or where the rooftop is completely open around the perimeter. The KeeGuard® rooftop guardrail system can also be used for fitting to older buildings as well as for new constructions. Provides collective protection for all working on a roof
- Works on a proven counterbalance system
- No penetration of the roof membrane
- Also. minimum components for ease of installation
- Unique open style fitting allows quick installation of horizontal rails
- No welding, threading or bolting required on site
- Suitable for use on concrete, asphalt, PVC membrane and felt roof surfaces
- Modular design allows reconfiguration on site if needed
- Sections can easily be added to or taken down, for reconstruction elsewhere.
- Compatible with almost all configurations of flat roofs up to 10 degrees slope
- Kee Anchor Systems – In a situation where collective fall arrest systems such as handrails cannot be installed, individual man safe systems such as a Kee Anchor can also be used. The system utilises a central pedestal which allows the attachment of a safety harness and lanyard.
Kee Anchor® Portable Deadweight Anchor System
Weightanka® is a mobile, deadweight anchor device for use on roofs up to 5 degree pitch, where the installation of collective protection or permanent anchor devices is not viable. Weightanka® uses a central pedestal that allows the attachment of a safety harness and lanyard, allowing the height to rise as the arrest force is applied.
The system conforms to Class E EN 795, BS7883 & ISO 14567, and is approved to meet the PPE Directive.
The Kee Anchor® range of Class B, E and supports for Class C roof anchor devices for personal protection of workers carrying out roof level maintenance operations. Where there are no permanent guardrails or other anchor devices, the Kee Anchor® range are an ideal product for use on roofs.
deadweight anchor system
Our portable deadweight anchor system is quick and easy to handle. So, very often there are just two men assembling the system and it is down to them to take the necessary components up on the roof, lift and re-position them as necessary, and take back down again. It can be heavy and time consuming work. Additionally, to solve these problems, Kee Safety takes a modular approach to roof man anchor systems. Consequently, by using individual, smaller components, our range of roof anchor devices are much easier to lift. Also they are easier to carry to and from the point of use; a basic system weights only 250Kg, with no single item weighting more than 25Kg.
- Kee Line – This is a wire based personal protection system for roof installation or horizontal/overhead applications on structures. Often referred to as Man Safe the wire system comprises an 8mm grade 316 stainless steel wire system. It consists of electro-polished brackets and detachable travellers. These also provide flexible, continuous protection for up to 3 users working at height. The system also incorporates an Inline Shock Absorber. This also minimises the loads to an acceptable level for the user and structure in the event of a fall.
The KEELINE system
This system incorporates an Inline Shock Absorber that minimises the loads to an acceptable level. This is essential for both the user and structure in the event of a fall.
The efficient inline Shock Absorber roof anchors also allow the system to be installed to lightweight modern roof constructions. This ensures minimal or no roof penetrations. Unlike other systems, there is no need for expensive `fall-over` posts at every support.
- Provides users with total fall protection through continuous attachment whilst travelling the system
- Horizontal or overhead applications
- Efficient in-line shock absorber minimises end loads to less than 10 kN
- Effectively allows spans of up to 24m and 3 users
- Accommodates corners and varying building shapes
- Comprehensive range of fixing options
- Traveller enables users to detach and re-attach at any point on the system
- Bespoke calculation software ensures simple specification KeeLine® installations
- Conforms to EN 795 Class C
- CE approved to the PPE Directive
In conclusion, we supply Fall Arrest Systems for; Southend, Chelmsford, Maldon, Rochford, Shoeburyness, Leigh on Sea, Westcliff. Also, Canvey, Braintree, Basildon, Brentwood, Burnham on Crouch, Epping, Ongar, Colchester, Witham and Tiptree.